Gravesend McDonald’s knife-men jailed over horror attack

Two men involved in a stabbing at a Gravesend McDonald’s restaurant have been jailed.

Aiden St Louis (left) and Mohammed Gedi (right) assaulted an 18-year-old man in front of up to 50 onlookers in July 2017, leaving him with multiple injuries.

St Louis admitted one count of wounding with intent and having an offensive weapon while Gedi was found guilty by a jury of wounding with intent on Thursday 22 February following a trial.

They were both sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Monday 5 March.

St Louis, 19, of Lewis Crescent in Cliftonville, Margate, was sentenced to six-and-a-half years imprisonment and must serve an additional three years on licence as part of an extended sentence.

Gedi, 21, of Highams Park in Chingford, was sentenced to seven years.

Gravesend McDonald’s

McDonald’s restaurant in New Road, Gravesend
McDonald’s restaurant in New Road, Gravesend. Credit: Google Maps

The court heard that at 3.45am on Sunday 16 July 2017 St Louis and Gedi chased the victim into the McDonald’s restaurant in New Road.

St Louis was carrying a knife and both men pushed security door staff out of the way to gain entry to the premises. Once inside the offenders cornered the victim in front of customers and began attacking him.

The victim attempted to defend himself with a child’s high chair but was stabbed multiple times.
Security staff intervened, causing Gedi to run away, however St Louis continued with the assault before also fleeing the scene.

The victim sustained serious injuries to his head, both arms and leg, and a knife blade had been left in his leg.

He also needed surgery on his arm to repair a damaged muscle and has been left with lasting damage and scarring.

Captured on CCTV

The incident was captured on CCTV and also a mobile phone. This footage was later uploaded to social media.

After reviewing the footage officers working in Margate identified St Louis and Gedi as offenders and they were subsequently arrested and remanded in custody having been charged.

Detective Constable Peter Frampton, the investigating officer for this case, said: ‘This was a sustained and incredibly violent attack and the offenders were not deterred by the number of witnesses present.

‘It was a terrifying ordeal for the victim, who needed surgery on his wounds, and also for the other 40-50 people who were in the restaurant at the time.

‘Their behaviour was entirely inexcusable and they have shown that, by carrying out such a brazen and aggressive attack, they are a very real threat to other members of the public.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *