The Canterbury Hub

Latest news from CCCU's Journalism course

Live News

Firefighters called to pensioners’ house after christmas pudding bursts into flames.

A woman in her seventies was left in need of rescue when a Christmas pudding caused her microwave to burst into flames on Tuesday night.

The pudding ignited in the microwave and smoke logged the pensioners house, setting off smoke detectors and prompting the Herne Bay pensioner to call 999.

Kent Fire and Rescue attended the scene where they ventilated the house.

Ambulence services were also called and the woman was given a precautionary health check but is safe and well.